Monday 23 March 2015

Week 9 - Sigh Cycle

Last week I did not make animation progress. This was mainly due to the Alpha presentation within the AGAP module which took up much of my schedule. However, I have returned to work this week and plan to work hard in the following weeks to make up for it.

This week I finished the sigh animation. It's pretty simple, consisting of a large breath in (puffing the chest out), followed by a large breath out before he straightens himself out to his beginning position. Initially I was planning to just do the body animation but this was very quick and the animation didn't look like he was sighing without any facial changes.

The animation mainly consists of back movement, shoulder rotation, head rotation and facial expressions. When taking a breath in, I've made the mouth reflect this along with a slight increase in eye size and eyebrow height. I made sure to exaggerate these motions to make them more obvious visually. On the breath out, he furrows his eyebrows, squints his eyes and blows out with large cheeks making for an interesting animation to watch. I actually really enjoyed creating this animation as it was quite amusing to update all the facial animations.

Sigh Animation (Mid-breathing Out)


Next I'm moving onto the run cycle. I've done some research and it's reasonably similar to the walk cycle but with quicker timing and larger steps. Luke is going to show me his as he has already blocked his out. Luke has been working on putting the animatic together in movie maker and he is nearly done now, he was also kept busy with the alpha presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment