Monday 23 March 2015

Week 7 - Walk cycle

This week I moved onto the walk cycle. Once again I decided to focus on finishing the animation rather than adding a lot of character into it at this stage. Once again I used the same reference image as my first attempt on the project.

It went much more smoothly this time. I asked for feedback a couple of times from Luke at various landmarks on the project. I first made the legs and hips work. I then refined the timing of the individual keyframes, trying not to use too many so I could make it smooth. I then added a slight rotation to the shoulders along with a natural arm swing. The head also was given a small bob for when each step hits the floor. It took a while, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how decent it looks. I will probably revisit the animation to give it more swagger though at some point.

Walk Cycle


Reference Image


Following this I started creating the bare bones of the sigh animation. I did several image checks in the mirror and found that most of the movement is within the chest and back which require very few keyframes. I got the basic movement of the back and chest in along with some shoulder and head movement too. I plan to finish this animation next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment