Monday 23 March 2015

Week 3 - Extended Idle Start

This week, I started work on an extended idle pose after finishing clean up on the normal idle animation. This would be used in a game if you stood still for a little while and needs to flow in and out of the standard idle pose. As the super strength super hero, he's naturally going to flex his biceps. 

Super Cocky Pose - Flex Them Guns


I started with my base pose file and moved from there. I first focused on getting the fist into position. I had a couple of issues with this regarding how his arm turns to get it up there. I ended up flexing in the mirror repeatedly until I understood the motions. First I had the arm raise to the outside whilst bringing his hand out in front of him before turning the arm outwards and raising the forearm. I then added in a few other rough movements such as puffing his chest out and adding a cheeky grin for good measure.

It's still very rough but if it works, I feel that this animation will add a lot of character to the superhero and make the animation more successful. This week I'll be working on this animation for the majority most likely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment